'85 528e Heater blower.

Hope everyone is staying warm.

I was wondering if there was a way to stop the constant squeaking
coming from the heater blower, besides replacing it. Also during one of
our Jersey ice storms I accidentally turned on the wipers while they
were frozen to the windshield. I was getting a burning smell and after
I realized what it was and the windshield was clean they would not
work.
Surprisingly the next day they did but for some reason every time I
start the car I still get the burning smell for about 5 to 10 minutes,
but every thing seems to be working. Is it the blower causing the
smell?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lee Mullican