Handling twitchy after front end work and alignment

Folks,
I just replaced the idler arm, center link, all tie rods, and one
control arm (driver's side), struts (all), springs (front), and sway bar
links (front), and new tires (rear, fronts are fine) on my 82 528e and
aligned the car.  At slow speeds it seems much better, but at freeway
speeds, it is a bit 'twitchy': the slightest correctin seems to throw
the rear end around a little.  I have yet to replace sway bar bushings
or rear sway bar links.  Are these things a great factor, or am I
barking up the wrong tree?  Any advice is most appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim Lewis

- --
To reply to me, please remove __DIE_SPAMMERS__ from my reply-to address.