Weak air flow

Hello all, I have a 93 e36, I am having problems with the Air flow, it's
weak when it brings air from the outside. If I circulate the inside air it's
very strong. I first thought it's the microfilter since the motor is working
and it's only weak when it's bringing air from the outside. I took it to the
dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I even opened the
microfilter myself and it was clean. My friend owns the same car and I know
that the weak air flow is not normal. Does anybody have any ideas ?
Thanks