RE: Why insurance was declined

Jay,
I am sorry for your loss.   The exclusion in your policy is in most auto
policies in the united states.  This excludes any coverages for your
vehicle while that vehicle is in the care, custody, or  control of anyone
engaged in the business of selling, repairing, parking, servicing, or storing
 The reason behind this exclusion (commonly called a :garage policy
exclusion) is that any damage that occurs to your vehicle in these
circumstances should be covered by the insurance policy for the
garage that has possession of  our vehicle.  It appears that you have
unfortunately gotten mixed up with  someone who is more of a "fence"
than a dealership.  He likely is in need of cash so much that  he sold
your car to a chop shop for cash and then reported it to you and the
police as stolen.  Take him to court,  it is the least (best) you can do....

Mark Williams
Dallas, TX

please email me privately  if  you wish, and include the
full wording of the exclusion in your policy