Going in the snow

	'96 328i.  16" wheels, high performance (z-rated) tires.  Has AST.

	It only snows once or twice a year in Washington, D.C., but my wife
has to get to work.  With *snowfalls that rare, I am not going to invest in
snow tires.

	Her commute, without snow, is about 15 minutes.  Maximum speed
she'd do in the snow, on one parkway, would be about 50mph for 5 minutes.

	Under those conditions, I thought that if I reduced the tire
pressure to 26 psi all around, it would improve her traction somewhat.
(Normally, I run 29 psi front/31psi rear).

	What do you think?  That wouldn't hurt the tires, would it?

	Thanks,
	Bob G.