ignition lock replacement

I have part of the ignition key stuck in the ignition lock on my 88
535is.  I took off the steering wheel and can not see how to get the
lock cylinder out.  Is there some trick to getting the cylinder out?  I
guess I need instructions on how to remove the cylinder.  Also, I bought
a replacement key from the dealer and it does not work the door locks.
Is it possible that the dealer gave me the wrong key or was this car
rekeyed at some point.  Is it possible to change the lock cylinder so
that it will work with the replacement key?   Would appreciate a
response if anyone else has had these problems.

Tom