Re: Totalled M3 at Laguna Seca

Tim Stiles wrote:

> Someone (from the list?) totalled their late 90's White M3 today at Laguna
> Seca in a driving school.  If you're on this email list sorry that happened
> to you - hope you're physically ok. The cabin area of the car looked like
> it held up fairly well.

Peter Hsu was the unfortunate driver. He and his passenger were
physically OK, but he was pretty down in the mouth, as you can well
imagine.

That's the second BMW I've seen munched by turn 6 in as many events; an
M Roadster bit the dust there in November.

> My first time on the track with my "new" 89 M3 was a blast. Though after a
> couple laps it felt like I'd lost the power assist on my brakes.
[...]

Sounds like you may have glazed your pads.

I'm pretty happy with the Cool Willy carbon kevlar pads I tried today.
Five run sessions total, with the last two in succession, and they
stopped my heavy 635 reliably every time. The pads nor the rotors appear
to show excess wear, but they sure do dust! Don'tcha just love turns 2
and 11 for braking? :^)

- -jerry