E28 how did it get fixed? Magic?

Hello, hope everyone is well.

2 things
1. Today I went again to change the timming belt but it was too cold so I was a
bout to come back inside when I noticed a sticker I hadnt noticed before on the
 Air intake housing. Funny I didnt notice this sticker before since its so big.
But it said Camshalf belt last changed 2/99 at 187K .
I bought the car at an auction do you think that this is valid or should I chan
ge the timing belt just incase? There were 2 slots on the sticker it was change
d in 7/95 at 135K also.

2. I had written the digest a while back about my heater not working the fan bl
owing the air in was not working, I was smelling a burning smell when I turned
the fan on. But heat was being produced.
Well my suspicions were reinforced when many digesters replied and told me that
 it was probably the fan motor that was burnt. So today when I figured I wont b
e changing the timing belt I opened up the firewall and took off the housing on
 the fans, I got an important phone call and had to go inside.  When I came bac
k out I decided to just cover the fan up again because I realized I was procras
tinating and needed to study. So I went and studied came back out was about to
head back to campus turned the car on and just for the sake of it tunred on the
 heater fan and WOW it worked I was shocked and thrilled heat was blowing in fr
om the vents...

what could it have been? will this last? Does anyone have an explination?

Thanks alot for everyones help, regarding all my previous questions
BTW can someone tell me what the value of my car might be? The body is almost p
erfect paint has regular wear but no rust. Interior has regular wear (Leather).

1988 528E with 202K still going strong.
Syed

End of bmw-digest V9 #1349