Wheel Offset / E30 M3

After some helpful posts from you folks I thought I had it all figured
out.  Either I'm wrong or the guy that answered the phone at TMS when I
called to buy spacers is wrong.

I'm trying to fit a set of 16x8 wheels to an 89 M3.  The offset I am told
is 11mm because the wheels say ET11 on them.  Sources tell me if I run a
16x8 wheel I need the offset to be 24mm.  So I need 13mm spacers
right?  Closest thing out there are 15mm ones but that should be ok I hope.

I think the dude just confused me and I was right in the first place. All I
need to know is that I need the wheels to be "more outboard" than they are
right now and that's what their kit is designed to do.  Still interested in
anyone with input on this.