1984 318I starting problem?

Hello All,

I am new to the list and am in need of some help?  I have a 1984 318I with
200K miles on it.  The car runs great, but one day I drove it to work and
everything was normal.  When I went to leave work the car would not start?
It turned over, I could smell gas.  I checked all the fuses, I replaced the
distributor coil but it still will not start?  I checked other obvious
things like the distributor cap and rotor, etc.  I think it is something
electrical?  Maybe a relay or the computer?   Has anyone ever had something
like this happen to them?   Maybe there is a quick fix?  The car is too old
to take to the BMW dealer and I just wanted to get it running again because
I like the car!!!!!

Thanks,

Herman

End of bmw-digest V9 #1344