Thanks and another question

Thanks to all that responded to my request for advice regarding buying an
E30 for a drivers school car.

Today I looked at a 89 325i with 135K. The owner is asking $4500 for it.
It seems sound to me other than a few things: leaking steering rack, bad
thermostat, flaky OBC (bad ground maybe?), some rust-thru on the cat
housing, drivers seat cover was worn out, torn shift boot, missing
foglamps and the ever-popular shimmy at 55MPH. It has a new battery, new
springs and shocks from Jamex (never heard of them but it handled pretty
well) and a new bosal cat-back exhuast. As far as I could tell it hasn't
been wrecked. It has the original paint (bronzit) and all of the body
panels have the original VIN and are lined up OK. The clutch and gearbox
seem fine to me relative to the miles on the car -- no grinding and the
clutch takes up smoothly about halfway up (considering it's been a few
years since I drove a car with a real gearbox!). The model number was
missing from the trunk. The steering wheel and shift knob had M-sport
stripes on them and had enough wear on them that it makes me suspect that
they came on the car. Does that mean anything? All four tires are the same
make/model and seem to be evenly worn.

I checked most of the common problem items (does anyone have a
comprehensive checklist?) except I could not find the list I made when it
was time to go see the car so I forgot to check the sunroof and all of the
lights.

Does $4500 seem like a reasonable price? Should I hold out for a 325is?

Thanks again!

Joel
'93 525iT