323 to 2.7l swap

I am swapping the engine from a 323 with a 2.7l. Yea I read all about it
except for 1 missing piece. It seems most people agree to toss the 2.7l
head in exchange for an i head, I presume either the head from a 323 or
325. Now I have read that the 325's pistons with the 2.7's conn rods will
work and give good compression. What about the Pistons from a 323 ?? Can I
use 323 Euro Spec pistons in a 2.7l with the 323 head and 2.7L conn rods. I
have looked and searched for this and I can't find it if it's in an FAQ..
So I turn to the guru's of the E21's Can this be done ??