Re: Overheating E30

I'll go along with Alex on his assessment...my bet is the ground is loose on
the back of the instrument cluster...I went thru this last summer...mechanic
said I needed a new cylinder head!!!  I removed the cluster...cleaned and
tightened everything...and the car runs perfect at 183k miles ('87
325is)...the temp gauge points straight up!

Don't forget to clean and tighten the fuel gauge also, as it can do the same
"erratic" dance<g>....and replace all the instrument lights while you are in
there!

Just for fun, gently "slap" the instrument panel near the temp gauge when it
starts to go for the red zone and see if the gauge drops back to normal.

Good Luck,

John Weese
Nittany Bimmers Chapter
7 Bimmer Family