1990 750iL

Hi All!,
I'm new here but a long time BMW owner. I've had a 84 318i, a couple of 86
528e's and currently own a 86 325is and a 90 750iL. I need help with a couple
of items. Does anyone have any experience replacing the factory 6 disk
changer with another non factory unit. I'm looking for one that will allow me
to continue to use the radio units' controls. Also, the rear resonator will
soon need replacing and list from the dealer is $1,000 for it. Are there any
aftermarket replacements I could substitute without screwing up the exhaust
flow or emissions?

Thanks,
Max Sessions