RE: <E30 325e> Question about (lack of) power steering & more....

> .... I know this doesn't sound good, but to feel the road a
> bit better I clipped the belt going to the power steering (OK,
> the real reason was because the power steering was leaking a
> lot and I was broke.......................... satisfied?).
> Now, I'm wondering if this is going to have adverse effects
> on the car, and therefore, my wallet.

Not, based on previous posts on this subject. You've disabled power steering
on your car. You rack will still leak if you ever decide to fill it back up
and put the power steering belt back on. The only solution is to replace the
rack ($$$). So even under the worse case scenarios you are not breaking
anything that is not already broken.
If interested, email Christopher Pawlowicz [chrisp@domain.elided]. He has
been running his car without power steering for a while.

> 1) My blinkers and hazards don't work: I flip the turn signal
> either way and nothing happens, no lights flash inside or
> outside of the car... same goes with the hazards, the red
> light doesn't come on and the hazards don't flash.
> There is a click when I try any of the three though.

turn signal fuse or relay?

> 3) My car is not warming up to where it should, it stays just
> over the cold section on the temp gauge (not IN the blue, but
> several millimeters above it). What could cause this?

Thermostat that is stuck open (dead). $15 at the dealer for a 80C
thermostat.

alex f