administrivia: announcing a new list

i will shortly be doing a wee bit of travelling, and as is my custom, i'll
be looking for folks to hook up with while i'm on the road.

reflecting on the matter, i had what may be a good idea (but certainly it's
an idea, good or otherwise.)

i have just created the road trip mailing list, for use by auto enthusiasts
(such as might be found here) to find each other while on the road. here's
how it works:

if you are willing to visit with and entertain travelling car folks, you
join and listen for someone who is coming to your area that you might want
to meet up with.

if you are traveling, you post a note regarding the where, when, and what
persuasion of car enthusiast you are (bmw, racing, etc.)

it is perfectly acceptable to use the list to discuss who is going to meet
where, to have a burger and a beer or whatever.

to join, send a note to

majordomo@domain.elided

containing one of the two following commands

subscribe road-trip
subscribe road-trip-digest

i'll be announcing my upcoming pair of trips when the plans firm up and the
list membership gets a little bigger.

cheers,
  richard

cheers,