results of changing injector o-rings, upgrading to 15" wheels on 325...

Hi all,
I thought I'd report on some fixes on my 1986 325;  I changed my injector
O-rings, 'only about $20 in parts, and the results were dramatic.  When the
engine was cold, it seemed that the old O-rings weren't seating and
unmetered air slipping past them caused a lean condition.  Cold starting
took so long that I thought my cold start valve must not be working.  Once
warmed up everything would be fine.  After changing the o-rings I found that
starting is really quick and easy, and the engine runs better when cold.
Warmed up doesn't show much change, I think that the old rings/mating
surface formed a better seal once everything heated up before.  My car has
190k and this was a worthwhile fix that took me about 7 hours only because
it was unfamiliar and I had to figure out that I needed to get the fuel rail
out too, and install the injectors on the rail first then reinstall.  Watch
out for any grime on your intake too, or it'll drop into the intake or clog
an injector as you wiggle them into position.

Another recent change was finally upgrading from my 14" bottlecap wheels to
some used BBS basketweave style knockoffs with new tires.  My old tires were
Dunlop D60/A2 205/60-14, and once worn developed flatspots that made my dash
vibrate at speeds over 80.  The tires that were already mounted on the used
15" wheels are Pirelli P700's, 205/50-15's.  I was intent on replacing them
with 205/55-15's which are the correct diameter to match my original
195/65-14 size, until I test drove this setup.  I found that the car was
noticeably tighter without any harshness, and the cornering is dramatically
better than before.  (The car is already lowered 1.3" with Eibach springs
and KYB gas shocks).  The speedo is off, just 2 mph at 60, but the car feels
smoother all around, stop and go, freeway, etc.  I'd changed the diff to a
3.25 LSD unit from a 535i a while back, so I thought that the additional
change in ratio would make my engine just rev "too high" on the freeway, but
it's a very minor change and the engine really doesn't seem to mind.  The
additional pep in stop and go is welcome, though 1st gear winds out pretty
darn quick.  I'm diggin' this little car.  I bought the "is" spoilers and as
soon as I repaint them silver I'll mount them too.  That's another thing;
the wheels I just bought are already silver which matches very well.  (I
thought I'd end up with used gold BBS wheels which I'd planned on painting)

questions are welcome...

- -Rod Birch