E30 Sport Seat Wackiness...

Happy New Year to all the Digesters out there!
Here's my problem this time: My 325e has sport seats covered in a perforated,
tan colored vinyl. My wife calls them "Hush Puppy" seats because the
perforations make them look like some HP shoes she had as a kid! Now, being,
shall we say, a "circumferentially challenged"  fellow, nearly four years of
hard and constant use has begun to twist the frame of my driver's seat. (To
the point where distance driving has become uncomfortable) Did I mention the
covers on the seat are still in fine shape?

NOW- as an enthusiast on a budget, is it feasible to buy a seat with trashed
coverings and a good frame,and transfer the good covers to this seat? OR am I
heading into the arduous process of finding a matching used seat in good
shape? Is there another possibility that I haven't thought of?

TIA guys- my comfort is in your hands! -Bil