95-99 750il wheels on a 95 740i? Whaddyathink? Is this posing?

I got no to nil response on the 7 series digest, so I'm asking you all... I
own a 95 740i with the boring "pan flat" wheels (not even the 'upgrade' BBS
style wheels) and was considering upgrading to something in the 16" range
(I'm not in love with the BBS style wheels of the 740i) so I can keep my 1
year old newish tires and the smooth ride of the 16 inchers.  I like the
look of the 95-99 750il wheel and was thinking of swapping mine out for
those, but I've NEVER seen a 740i or il with these wheels.  Would they look
right on my car?  Would I be considered a "poser" - a 740i in 750il
clothing if I did the switch?  I really like the look of the M Parallel
spoke wheels with the 18" tires, but I live in Wash DC and the
roads/potholes would eat up those wheels in no time - $2700 down the drain.
 Someone on the 7 digest said he could find me the 750il wheels for $850
used... sound like a great price?  Does anyone other than me really like
the 750il wheels??!?

Thanks
Steve Robinson
1995 740i (out in the driveway...for good!)
1988 911
1995 540i (fiancee's - now in my old garage spot - boo hoo!)