McLaren Video

For those fans of Rendezvous and other in-car video's, check out this
download at http://www.mclarencars.com/V1/images/gallery/TwF.htm .   Only
problem is the size of the viewer (I'd love to buy a copy of the actual
video). The McLaren has to be the finest road car ever produced.  Some
background on the video, courtesy of Mike Sharpe:

"With regards to the video itself, the driver is Andy Wallace, and the record
was set on a 'circuit' owned by VW, which, as far as I can remember (I'll
dig up the magazine article if anyone is interested), is basically a Very
Long stretch of unused autobahn, followed by a big banked right hand corner,
then back the other direction. I believe McLaren decided they needed to take
the world speed record for production cars once and for all - I seem to
recall that Bugatti may have beaten McLaren's old official top speed, but
they were fairly confident of regaining the title - Jonathon Palmer did
340kmh at the Nardo bowl in Italy, in a prototype car known to be down on
power, and on a very hot day into the bargain.
Anyone who downloads the video, listen to what the driver says at the end of
the run. Since everybody and their grandmother are nominating their best
xxxxx of the millennium, his comment is my choice for 'Understatement of the
millennium' ..."   SD

SD
Steve D'Gerolamo - The Ultimate Garage
201-262-0412 / steved3@domain.elided / http://www.ultimategarage.com