E39 CD Changer Install Help

I am trying to install the BMW/Alpine 6-Disk CD Changer in my recently
acquired early '97 528i and have run up on two items in the instructions I
can use some help on.

1. As part of "Preinstallation, all vehicles with factory pre-wiring should
have the CD audio cable inserted into the (17 pin) Radio Connector." Where
is this 17 pin radio connector? At the head unit or in the trunk? I do not
have DSP/Premium Sound if that makes a difference.

2. In Step 10 of the most recent (12/98) instructions it says "remove tray
pocket from CD changer Trunk Trim Cover and place CD changer trunk trim
bezel over CD Changer. I don't seem to have a tray pocket, nor was a trim
bezel included in the install kit. What gives?

Regards,

John Gray
'97 528i
'91 318is