New list member

Hi everyone, my name is Mark Radelow.  I just joined the list because I am
in the market for a new car.  I am considering two cars:
A.) 1994 or so Porsche 968
B.) 1995 to 1997 M3 (can't afford a newer one)

I just would like to get your impressions on the M3.  I have driven
several so as far as engineering etc. I know that it's essentially one of
the greatest cars of all time.  I am more concerned with reliability, and
any other quirks the car has.  Plus if there is a especially good or bad
year.  The ones I have looked at have been 96 and 97's.  I want to spend
between 30k and 35k (preferably right at 30k) and want between 30-40k on
the odo.  It seems possible that I can find a two or four door (no lux
package, stick, minimal options).  Anyways, enough blathering.  Thanks for
any advice you all can provide.

Mark Radelow
1997 Jetta VR6, waiting to retire.