Subject: M Coupe Abortion

Jeff,
Maybe... you could find out what the proper manual procedure for addressing
your problem is. If it says something about cutting your carpet - then
you're SOL. However, if it doesn't say anything about taking the scalpel to
your plush interior - then you might be able to make a case for it and
threaten with litigation - it might actually be less expensive to replace
the carpet though.

In any case, my condolences, I was unaware that a dealer could be so
blatantly careless.

Regards,
Peter