M Coupe Abortion

Hi Folks-

I've seen some posts about this already, but I am livid about the official
BMW repair procedure for replacing the fuel pump on the M Coupe. My fuel
gauge starting acting funny so the dealer reprogrammed my gauge cluster.
After they did that my Coupe stranded me; out of gas even though the "fixed"
gauge said 1/2 a tank. They then replaced the fuel pump and left my carpet
with a huge cut. I've complained to the dealer and to NA to no avail.

If you've had this done to your car can you e-mail me and let me know? I'd
like to try to get some statistics on this.

I've attached a link to a picture of how your carpet will look after your
pump is replaced. Those with fuel pump problems may want to consider living
with them.

http://www.tarr.com/mcoupeabortion.jpg

- --Jeff

Jeff Tarr