RE: *&%@ E34 Noise

<<Ron responds to Jon:
I have experienced a similar noise in my '93 525iT.  When the car is started

in the morning, as I'm backing out of the driveway I'll hear a brief
"whirring" noise, and feel a small vibration in the brake pedal at the same
time.  I think that it's related to the ABS system, perhaps initializing the

system.  It only happens the first time the brakes are used after starting
the car.<snip>

Oh, THAT noise! Mine does that too. Backing out of the driveway and over the
curb ramp: sounds like a little ABS flatulence. I added it to the list of
other interesting gurgles and wheezes that occasionally emanate from under
the dash on the new E34.