Re: <E34> M20 5SP ABS Failure

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 06:39:10 -0600
> From: "Todd Reimer" <treimer@domain.elided>
> Subject: <E34> M20 5SP ABS Failure
>
> Any ideas on fixing the ABS on my 1990 525i 5-speed much appreciated.
>
> After hard acceleration to the right from a standing start my ABS light is
> on and the ABS is not working.  Dealer says the ABS computer needs replacing
> because there are no error codes in the ABS computer.  Three different
> salvage ABS computers have not helped and I can smell snow in the air.
>
> TIA
>
> Todd Reimer
> BMW CCA

Hm...the right turn is a clue, isn't it...not sure what it means, though.  I'd
start by checking electrical continuity through the sensor circuits, starting with
the front ones (the plug-in connectors are at the front wheel wells and behind the
back seat on my car). And while I was performing that check, I'd be bending and
jiggling the wire to the sensor to detemine whether it had developed an
intermittent failure.

Hope this helps,
Russ Maki