Overheating

I have a 1995 ///M3 with an ERT SC Set-up. Car runs very strong. Broke the
12 second barrier Saturday 12.987 @ 107.55 at cecil County Maryland. Could
not back the number up do to a bad clutch. Here my problem. About two months
ago it started overheating. The "low coolent light is always on". But
coolent seems fine. The car would overheat but if you would drive it the
temp would go back to normal in a matter of seconds. Well it stoped then it
started up again. Fianlly I replaced the water pum, thermostat & housing,
both radiator hoses and put in a new coolent level switch to boot. The water
pump seemed that it may have been leaking. after newe parts went in, PROBLEM
SOLVED. But the "check coolent level" still comes on. Could I have gotten a
bad switch? Since the OBC always says "check coolent level" I rarelly take
it for truth. Last night I was running the car HARD for a long time on the
HWY. Doing 0-60's and 0-100's and topr gear stuff. (YES YES YES the HWY was
dead and had no traffic.) When I got off the HWY in no time the car
overheated. to make a long story short, driving it would not cool it down as
before. The radiator ins were ICE COLD. It took almost 2 gallons to fill the
radiator up (I did spill a least 1 of the coolent in the cargallon though,
taking a very hot shower in the process). Lete the car cool down for 20 min
and drove home (10 miles). With no problems. It was however idling funny
when I got home, kinda missfiring? But then the JTD tranny brace makes the
whole car shake so I do know what was up. Anyone of you guy ever had this
problem? Is there a fix? I assume I may have been low on H2o last night and
that is way it overheated. But then again thet "low coolent light" always
comes on when I turn the car off. Any help would be greatlly apprecialted

Thank You,

Bill P

1995 ///M3 ERT SC, Dakar Yellow (for now), Fikse FM10's, Potenza's, Borla,
Sharked, BL/SS w.ERK, BMW Motorsport Strut Brace, BMW Motorsport X-Brace,
BMW Motorsport Slotted Floating Front Brakes, Dinan Stage 3 Suspension,
Custom Cold Air, Alpine Tape, Alpine CD Changer, MB Quart 3-Way Fronts, JL
Audio Subs, Audio Control EQX, Phoenix Gold Crossover, Phoenix Gold
Son-Of-Frank-Amp-N-Stein, Custom Paint Job (coming this winter)