Re: Stereo Purchase

I just finished replacing the stock stereo in my '88 M5 with a Blaupunkt
Toronto purchased from Crutchfield. This is a great stereo and even with
the stock speakers it vastly improves the sound. I have no experience
with a CD changer, however, and wouldn't be qualified to recommend one
to you. Blaupunkt has excellent quality products, and I plan on putting
another Toronto in the '88 M3 I just picked up. I did the install myself
in the M5 and it took about an hour and a half with some soldering. You
also have to get a floating ground adapter to make the Blau Toronto work
with the amplifier that comes with the factory stereo in the M5 (I guess
it was BMW's "premium" sound package). Good luck and email me with any
questions.
Josh