FW: <E36> 318i Won't start! ... UPDATE.

Thanks for all the informative info I got for my car problem. The problem
was the spark plugs! I had put in Bosch Platinum 4+ plugs at 54k miles, the
old ones were NGK if I remember right - they were worn but just light tan
with hardly any buildup carbon.

The platinums ran well for 6k miles but got all fouled up with a lot of
carbon buildup and possibly shorting the plugs. I believe the heat rating of
these plugs is not right for BMWs. The dealer suggest to put in NGK BKR6EK
plugs, thats what they put in '94 318i cars. The original plugs with the
known knock sensor problem were the NGK BCPR7ER. Bosch F7LDCR are also the
right plugs for this car.

My car now has NGK BKR6EK, and its running just fine so far... well I hardly
exceed 4000 rpm, so I don't know if thats a correct statement! Will keep you
updated on these plugs if anything goes wrong... Is there any easy way to
know if the plugs are doing a good job?

I would never use the platinums again, they don't go well with BMWs I think.

Al.
318i '94 60k.