Re: E39 CD Changers and Sound System Questions/European Delivery ?

Hi, there
Has anyone living in the US bought a Bimmer using the European Delivery?
I've been planing to visit Europe again.......(I have made plans before),
and BMW says that it could save you some money (7%), and they will ship it
for you, plus you get to drive it in Europe and then take it back to the US,
cool!!.
Does it affect the service (which is no good anyway) at the dealership or
warranties? Can financing be involved? Are there any gadgets/amenities that
you can get only there? Do I ask too many questions?
I'm happy with my '92 325 (hope to find a way to keep it), but I'm probably
getting a new one by mid year.

Thanks in advance.

John, about sound systems, I'd suggest to get the in dash changer CD also
from Nakamichi (http://www.nakamichiusa.com/auto/musicbank/mb_75.htm
<http://www.nakamichiusa.com/auto/musicbank/mb_75.htm>  ), it looks like an
ordinary CD player, but it takes 6 CD's, and you don't have to touch your
glove box.
About the stereo systems in cars, after too many hours obsessing on this I
have not found one, in any car maker, at all, HK included, that remotely
resembles what you can get in aftermarket for the price. Even when the may
be the same brand, what you get OEM is just no good. If I get my Bimmer next
year and they have a no stereo, no speakers, not even the wires, option,
I'll take it.
For the price of the OEM CD changer you can probably replace the stereo, add
a small amp, and some better quality speakers.
So to answer your question, it is not only the speakers, the whole system is
low end, with a high price.

Do a little research, is so worth it, here is a link with some
info..http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/e36/stereo
<http://www.eskimo.com/~dalus/bmw/e36/stereo>

Francisco