Re: E30 Drive Train Shudder - Clutch?

The dreaded Guibo, that is your problem.  It starts in 2nd gear on the peak
of the torque curve, then it only gets worse, till it shakes everytime you
accel..

I know it sounds silly but the Guibo is a Rubber disc like joint back of the
tail shaft of the transmission, and in front of the driveshaft. (responsable
for the smooth opperation  of Bmw drivetrains) check your rear tranny seal
while your down there, Many  of the E30's leaked Trans oil on it and the oil
detorated the rubber,

of course depending on how many miles they sometimes just go
a bad Guibo at 130k miles is normal.. less if you track the car

Jeff Lloyd