Re: Radio for 325es

Mike Yoh wrote:
>My daughter has a 1986 325es with the typical radio/cassette unit of
>that year.  She wants a CD player for Christmas.  Do I have to replace
>the whole unit, or is this the type of radio that will accept an add-on
>CD player/changer that would mount in the trunk or other external
>location?  I can find nothing in the owner's manual about this
>possibility.

Mike:
The stock head unit can be used with an add-on RF modulated=20
CD changer mounted in the trunk (These are the ones that hook
up to your FM antenna cable and play the CD input through the=20
pre-selected FM "station.").
Instead of replacing the head unit, I bought a cheapie Audiovox
from Best Buy for about $150 and installed it in an hour or so.  If=20
you'd rather have them install it, I believe the charge is about $75. =20
I'm happy with mine, but I also added an amp many years ago.  If=20
your daughter's already happy with the current sound of the radio,
then the CDs will only sound better.
Good luck.

Mike Sopchick
85 325e
89 535i
83 380SL
Washington DC

This e-mail is sent by a law firm and contains information that may be privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete the e-mail and notify us immediately.