Re: Tire pressure gauges

Short story about gauges:
My fianc=E9 - who thought she was being "Woman of the 90's" - used a
pencil type gauge to fill up all the tires in her new car to 32psi.  She
then drove about 150 miles to meet me.  The next day she asked me to
check her tires.  I have a dial type gauge I keep in my car and brought
it out and checked her tires.  All 4 tires were between 58 and 65psi!!!
Needless to say, I snapped that particular pencil gauge in half.

Not that I have no faith in the cheapies, I just have more faith in the
dial and digital gauges.  My father used the cheapies for 50 years
without any problems but his goals were setting 4 tires to the same
pressure.  In my previous car ('88 Mazda 323GT), one half pound
difference between the front tires created handling issues.  The Bimmer
is a little less susceptible.

Bottom line for me, a cheap gauge is better than no gauge.