95 540i w/ 60k mi. When should we sell? Still has alusil block!

My fiancee has a green/silver 95 540i with the original alusil block.
Should she sell it at a specific mileage point, due to the fact that the
alusil block could and probably will go bad due to the sulfur problem?
Should she wait till around 80,000 miles or 90,000 miles and see if the
block goes bad, before it goes out of the 6 year (?) 100,000 mile warranty
on the engine?  Or is it a 5 yr warranty, meaning the engine will be out of
warranty even sooner?  She's concerned that the car will hit 100,000 mi or
6 years and THEN the engine will start going bad, right after the warranty
expires.  She wanted to head this problem off at the pass, selling it at
some point where she will still get some money out of the car!  She paid
....urghhhhh....$30,000 for it just 18 months ago.  They'd only give her
$21,000 for it now in trade.

Then there's always the chance that if the block doesn't go bad before
100,000, maybe it won't at all?  Does anyone know or have any ideas when
and if we should dump this car?  She likes the car alright, but doesn't
want to have an $8000 short block repair at 101k miles.

Thanks,
Steve Robinson
1995 740i
1995 540i (her's)