1984 533i shifting problems (more)

 Initial post:
				My 1984 533I often balks at going into first
and second gear during the first
				twenty to thirty minutes of stop and go
driving.  However, it seems to get better
				after the car is fully warm.  Also, had no
problems during the summer
				months.  It has not been exactly cold around
here but cooler than the
				summer months obviously.  Clutch fluid is
clean and full,  pedal seems loose while car is cold but gets firmer after
car has been driven for a while.
				Any suggestions?

     As I drove in this morning I realized that back in March of this year
my clutch fluid reservoir went dry.  I bought the car in February and I
noticed that the clutch engaged without a lot of free travel of the pedal,
the previous owner stated that the clutch engaged early, and had been this
way for some time (self adjusting, okay...).  Later on I was reading in a
Haynes manual and it indicated that my clutch pedal behavior was a symptom
of low fluid.  I checked the reservoir and it was empty.  I added fluid and
it literally ran out on the inside floor board.  The plastic elbow that sits
atop of the master cylinder was cracked.  I ordered a new length of hose and
a plastic elbow from BavAuto and spent some finger numbing minutes under the
dash replacing the elbow on the master cylinder along with the hose.
Unfortunately, being a novice at this sort of thing, I did not bleed the
system and I was just wondering if the symptoms that I am now seeing are a
result of air in the line.   I think my attempt to find  a "differential
diagnosis" no pun intended, or cause for the problem should start with:
1.	Bleed the system and add new fluid.
2.	Drain the manual trans oil and add Red Line MTL fluid.

	If that does not work:
3.	Replace the slave cylinder.

	If that does not work:
4.	Replace the master cylinder.

	If that does not work:
5.	Think about replacing the tranny (synchro's)

Suggestions?