Winter traction

I'm a new bmw-digest subscriber...been looking for
this list for some time...thanks to Richard Welty.

The Question:  I recently bought a 1990 535i, and
based on prvious experience with a 1986 325es, I'm
hoping that someone has practical advice on the best
way to enhance rear traction in winter, so I'm less
likely to do inadvertent 360s.  (I guess you load the
trunk with sandbags?)

I'm ordering the WS50 Blissak tires.  Anyone happy
with their approach to this?

thanks!

Michael Menard
1990 535i 5-speed