Re: E36 Low and High Beam Headlights

ODIPACO@domain.elided wrote on Thu, 25 Nov 1999:

<<<<I would like to get some information on improving my current stock
headlights for my E36 325i 94 BMW....
Are there any high quality higher wattage (i.e.  80 or 100 watt) Hella or
Osram bulbs that I can use . . .>>>

I just installed European ellipsoidal (E-code) headlights on my '94 325i.  I
purchased them from Bekkers Import Corp. (www.bekkers.com) for a total cost
af about $450.  The units took about an hour an a half to install.  The
lamps come stock with 55w bulbs, but these can be upgraded to higher
wattage, if of course the wiring and relays are upgraded.  Even with the
stock bulbs, I think they are a substantial improvement over the DOT units.
The ellipsoidal low beams have a sharp cutoff which is useful for minimizing
bounce-back in bad weather conditions.

Check out the following for a wealth of information on healights:
http://lighting.mbz.org/faq.

Greg Williams
Gaw@domain.elided
Lake Oswego, OR