Tire Pressure Gauges

Dave:

I too have a pencil gauge, I've had it for like 4 years and still works
fine. I do not have the brand but what I find peculiar is that is all metal,
and the numbers are craved into the center bar. I copied the model form a
truck driver.
If you want to get fancy, check out the wireless 299.95 model on Bavarian
autosport, it has four censors that go inside the wheels, and via radio
keeps a little panel updated on the pressure and temperature of your tires
even when on the road. It even has an alarm that lets you know when a tire
is loosing pressure, so you'll probably save it, pretty cool...
It is definitely on my list of upgrades, it is like the number 5 though...

	Francisco.
	'92 325

	Dear fellow Bimmerphiles,
	I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but I've been using a cheap-o pencil
type tire pressure gauge for the last few years.  Can't remember where I
bought it, but I think I paid less than $5 (US) for it.  Anyway, I've
finally decided to buy something that will be considerably more reliable and
accurate (without spending a fortune).  Some Yahoo searching shows that
there are an awful lot of companies selling tire pressure gauges.  Some
manufacturers that I came across are - Rebco, Longacre, Abmex, Pressure
Inc., MSI (Accutire), K&D Enterprises (Slickrock), etc.  Of course, the
prices vary considerably as well - anywhere from about $15 to over $200.
Options abound as well - digital readouts, readings memory storage,
extension hoses, bleed-off valves, integral Schraeder stems, and the list
goes on.  And, of course, many places sell them - Griot's Garage, Imparts,
BMP, Bavarian, etc.  The bottom line is this - everyone (or nearly everyone)
that owns a car also owns a tire gauge.  So, my question is simply - do you
have a favorite tire gauge (brand, type, price, etc.) and why?  If folks are
interested, feel free to e-mail me directly and I'll be happy to post a
summary of this very informal survey on the digest.  Thanks and happy
motoring.

		Dave
		BMW CCA #95506