Headlight switch problems...

Help.  I have a really anoying problem.  On my headlight switch.  Pretty
much the same as in most BMW's of the 90's.  The turn switch.  Anyway, when
I turn it, the light that lights up the little lighted pictures (dimmer
light) well it cuts off.  I am pretty sure I have a short.  If I hit the
underside of the dash next to the screw (e36 by the way) that removes the
panel, it will come back on.  And it will flicker.  I can't find the
problem.  I have tested all the connectors with my multimeter.  I am just
confused as to what I should do next.  Please help.

94 325is