Possible Electric Problem

	I have a 92 525i, E34/M50.  I have recently noticed that the
headlights and the interior lights ...how can I explain this best?...while
remaining bright and putting out lots of light, pulsate.

	What I mean is this:  if you see someone coming toward you on a
bicycle with a head light run by a generator, when he is pushing down on
the pedals, the light is bright, but when his pedals arrive at the six
o'clock and twelve o'clock positions, the light dims slightly.  So what you
see as the cyclist approaches is that brigh..dim..bright..dim sequence in
his head lamp.

	Well, this is exactly what I am seeing in my headlights and
interior lights.  The difference in the bright/dim cycle is very subtle.
They consistently put out plenty of light, but they _never_ "pulsated"
before and I believe it is getting more severe.  At first, a few weeks ago
(?) I barely noticed it.  Now it's more apparent.  These things never get
better, so I thought I better check this out.

	 I suspect alternator problems, but the electronics on these BMWs
are so much more complicated than the cars I worked on as a kid that I'm
just not sure.

	Many thanks,
	Bob G.