'02 Digest (Let's Help Chris!)

Ok Everyone,

It's time to come through and help out Chris Kent, and get the '02 Digest
going again.

A few weeks ago I offered to start a "fund" to send to Chris to help him with
expenses to buy a new computer, etc. after his, no "our" '02 Digest backup
files were stolen along with Chris's computer.

I had several good folks respond...the holdup has been that I couldn't get a
response from Chris...well, I finally did, after my repeated "pleadings"...he
appreciates my (our) concern, but felt uncomfortable replying to my offer to
send money....well Chris, don't feel uncomfortable any longer fella...there's
alot of us out here that are eager to help you out.

I am standing by my offer to send $25 to Chris, and I hope many others will
follow suit with anything you can give.  Actually, we are long overdue
helping out monetarily anyway.....consider it sort of like a subscription...I
do...and I MISS receiving the '02 Digest...the 2002 message board is great,
but the '02 Digest is "like family" to me!

To keep this from being uncomfortable for Chris, I will even offer to receive
the money and keep accurate records of who all contributes...that way Chris
will not be bothered with individual "thank yous", receiving multiple
mailings of checks, record keeping, etc....and all may rest assured that the
money is going where it is intended.

This could be handled in several ways, but probably the easiest would be to
make all checks or money orders out to "Chris Kent" and send them to me
(address below)..I will log in receipt of all funds received, and once a week
send everything to Chris.

Chris deserves some help here, and whatever money I receive on his
behalf..I'll get it to Chris! I think this is the best way to get funds to
him...certainly, we all trust and respect Chris for everything he has done
for us by runnning the '02 Digest, but this way he won't be put in "an
uncomfortable" position by receiving numerous checks from all over.  Most of
us would feel the same way as he does.

I'm open to any other suggestions, but I want to get this thing going
NOW!...my check is ready to ship out...

BTW, Chris tells me the '02 Digest is very near a "trial run" in the near
future!

Best Regards to All, and Happy '02ing!

John Weese
3124 Windsor Drive