1987 535 is fuel Problem

Hello All,

	I am trying to troubleshoot my Mom's car without being able to see it..

	It cuts out at random times, from the description seems like a basic fuel
	starvation problem. A local garage, good one, took a look at it and said
	the computer was going bad... new one $2000 used $400.

	What computer is this? Was described as the OBC, but that does not seem
	correct to me, but I haven't looked at it.

	Are the prices for new and used right? Anyone know a good source for a
	used part?

	My parents are planning a trip this weekend and were hoping I could come up
	with something by then.

									Thanks,
									Mark