[OBC] Tip/Feature

I discovered (actually RTFM and found it) a feature that I didn't know the
OBC had.  I like using the OBC display switch mounted on the turn signal
stalk, but I didn't like having to scroll through unwanted info to display
what I really wanted.

For example, for normal daily driving, the only display items that I really
care about are Temperature and Range.  On my E34, it also can display Time.
For trips, I'm also interested in Distance/Arrival time.

Well, I learned that you can program the OBC to only display those OBC
functions that you're interested in seeing.  Cool!

To program it:

1) Turn the ignition key to the ON position
2) Press and hold the turn signal-mounted OBC switch until the OBC display
changes to 'PROG 1'
3) Press the functions that you want to have displayed when you press the
turn signal-mounted OBC switch, IN THE ORDER THAT YOU WANT THEM DISPLAYED.
4) When completed, press the SET button on the OBC

Now, when you repeatedly press the turn signal-mounted OBC switch, it will
cycle through the limited set of display items you selected.

To return it to factory (default=all) settings, press and hold the turn
signal-mounted OBC switch until the OBC display changes to 'PROG 1', and
then press the SET button on the OBC.

Just thought that I'd share this with my fellow digest members who may have
not fully RTFM.

This programmable feature definitely works on the E34 and E36 OBC, and
should also work on the '90s 7 and 8 series OBC.  Digest readers with
earlier OBC will need to try it.

- -rb