<E34> 535i help

Well, I find myself with a new toy this weekend. I just acquired a clean
'92 535i 5 speed. The car in pretty clean inside & under the hood,
however the finish needs some serious detailing. I have not set down &
read all the books yet, but have a couple of questions for those with
all the good experience.

1. The engine seems to idle rough. I will describe it as if it it had a
"shiver". You can feel it in the seat. Other times, it idles smooth.
Acceleration seems...as if it's 'hunting' or hesitating at low RPM's,
but smoothes out around 3000.

2. On our 740i, we can access the OBC via pushing on the the turn signal
stalk. Was this not available with the earlier cars? Also, it's dim.
I've seen this posted before but never paid it any attention. I believe
Brett has something on his Web site on this. (Is it hard to remove?)

3. The CD player wont play. It shows the Cd# & track on the radio, but
no sound.

As I get into the car, & under it before putting it on the road, I know
I'm going to have a lot more questions. You guys have done a great job
on educating me on our '95 E38 & '90 E30. Now it's a '92 E34. See I've
even learned the numbers. Is there a separate site out there for E34s?

With this engine being used in the earlier 7's, can any of you 7 series
owners help me out?

After having  all three series, (7,5 & 3), I am amazed on how unique &
different they drive. I enjoy driving them all.

Thanks in advance,

Richard Vaughn BMW CCA
Tarheel chapter
'95 740i (76K & new engine) Hers