BMW 750iL

Hi All;

I am looking for a 750iL, 1988-1992.  I've looked at several and would
like to buy one, but I want to have all my home work done first.  I've
been told, by a BMW service manager, that in '92 they started sleeving
the cylinders. This was to correct any earlier problems with the V-12
engine.  He also told me that the early '90's 740's had sleeves put in
them also, but the first sleeves weren't silicon impregnated. They
started doing that a couple years later.

Q1;  Does anyone know if this was the same for the 750 with regard to
the silicon impregnated sleeves being put in a few years after the
original sleeving was started?
It sounded like for the 750 they installed the silicon type sleeves in
'92, and the 740's in around '94-95.

Q2;  Can anyone tell me the pro's and con's of the 750iL  i.e. motor
reliability, electronics, etc.   I already know that the air
conditioning compressor usually goes out after about 7-10 years.

Thanks in advance;
Dale Wright
Merced CA
(no BMW yet)