Electrical interference

Hi,

Does anyone know how to stop the whining through an upgraded car stereo.
I have two Punch Amps and Infinty Kappa speakers all round.  I have recently
recabled the whole car.  4G to battery, 8G from distribution box to the
amps, 8G earth to chassis and OFC speaker cable.  All cables are seperated
and I have even earthed the RCA's on the head unit and the car chassis.
When you accelerate in 1st, 2nd and 3rd it sounds as though the car is an
aircraft taking off...I have heard that I might need capicitors on the
alternator.  Is this true and if so is it an easy job ?

Thanks

N - 95 325iC