Extented Warranties --(Value or not)

About a year ago I posted a request for opinions and the value of having an
Ext.
Warranty. The conclusion at that time was they are not worth it. My own
dealer's service manager even told me that they never have to do anything on
M3s. Now of late all I am reading here is the constant problems and high cost
of owning an M3.
( like as much as $10,000/yr. etc)  I still have a year before my warranty
runs out so I am posting the question again. WITH ALL THE EXCLUSIONS WRITTEN
INTO THE EXT. WAR. CONTRACTS AND THE HIGH COST---ARE THEY WORTH IT IN THE
LONG RUN?? I would really like to know from members on the list that have the
Ext. War. if they have recovered their expense or have most of their repair
work fallen under the list of exclusions.