<E34> Time for a new clutch

It seems that for many 540 owners it may be time for a new clutch.  I had a
very enlightening talk with Dave @ Sachs today about replacements for our
cars.  The standard kit is  part # K70123 and lists for $731.61 this is
pretty much OEM replacement.  He can also get a Motorsports version that
uses an 850il p plate part # 3482 924 001 to go along with disk # 881864 953.

The 850 p plate lists for $301.44 and he had little idea on the disk price
(they are not in the US YET).  He did some math and estimated 23% greater
clamping with the Motorsports unit.  This is NOT a light weight unit, it is
standard weight.

  We discussed the issues of blued fly wheels and he felt it is  more
probably driver error than design error. Missed matched shifts both up and
down.  You know like that time you down shifted from 5th to second while
going 125 mph.  You get the idea.

The one problem with the Motorsports unit is that it requires some fly
wheel modification.  We dont know what (the mods are) yet but probably re
drill and tap for the disk or lower the rivets for clearance issues.  I
will probably be doing this upgrade this winter.  Need to find a shop to
handle the fly wheel issues first.  Any on =e want to join in the fun?

I will also probably be doing cams at the same time.  Any BTDT on the M60.
Who are the best sources for Sachs and cams??

TIA

Jeff