Re: Limited Slip

On Tue, 2 Nov 1999, Christopher White wrote:

> I just sold my (wife's) 93 318 that had a limited slip that I installed. I
> am presently looking at buying a 97 328. I can't find any thing about
> limited slip options for these. Was that option not available because of
> the traction control?

In Germany, a limited slip differential was an option on all non-M,
E36 3ers without traction control (ASC+T) until the summer of 1996
Thereafter, it was only an option on cars that couldn't be ordered
with ASC+T. The M3 had limited slip standard.

I know BMW of NA stopped offering limited slip on the 318is coupe a
few months before the spring of 1996.  Someone else will have to fill
you in on the marketing restrictions they may have placed on other
models.

- -John
'96 318is

- --