Re: 535 Clutch problems

We just got done bleeding the brakes on my son's '86 535i and we decided to purge
and bleed the line for the clutch slave cylinder while we were under there.
We got all the old fluid to come through, along with some air, but we had trouble
with the pedal coming back up after pumping the clutch.I started the car up and
NO CLUTCH! I good not even come close to getting near a gear! We boosted it back
up and rebled the line once again. I pumped 4-5 times, held the pedal to
the floor while my son opened the bled screw. We got clean fluid out, closed the
screw and the pedal stayed on the floor. I pumped a few more times, still no
clutch.
I started up again and still grinding away!!
Any idea on where I should go from here???

Thanks in advance,

Tom M.

End of bmw-digest V9 #1276